Skillnet Part Funded Selenium 2 Evening Course – Sign Up Now!BY : softtestireland - Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 at 8:41 pm
SoftTest Ireland would like to announce an upcoming Skillnet funded Selenium course starting this October.
If you are interested please indicate your interest ASAP as we need to get numbers soon so we can confirm with our training partner that we have enough to run the course.
The total course cost will be 425 euro.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Only companies in the Republic of Ireland are eligible for the grant aid on these Skillnet courses
|OCTOBER BANK HOLIDAY|
|Wednesday||16th November||17.30 – 19.30|
SS278 Selenium Training
This course is designed to familiarize testing professionals with testing web applications using Selenium. Testers can build, enhance, and maintain scripts in the Eclipse IDE Editor. Hands-on instruction is provided for those who want to explore the power of using Selenium. The Selenium IDE plug-in builds effective and resilient test scripts using a wide variety of current programming languages. The focus is on the practical application of Selenium to resolve common web automated testing challenges. This course focuses on getting started with Selenium.
The target audience are software testers who are seeking to automate the testing of web applications using Selenium. This basic course is designed primarily for testing professionals who will be using the automation tools. These testers are new to test automation and may be new to testing. The audience might also include quality assurance practitioners, managers, or team leaders who are responsible for interacting with testers or who need to ensure that the tools are being implemented fully and appropriately.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the function and purpose of Selenium.
- Record automated scripts.
- Play back automated scripts.
- View and analyze results.
- Modify scripts to extend the capability to test the application.
- Configure Selenium Remote Control with Eclipse.
- Configure Custom Log Files Prerequisites.
To benefit from this course, delegates should have:
- General understanding of web-based applications (desired).
- Knowledge of Java programming is not a prerequisite for this course, but such knowledge is beneficial.
- Delegates will be taken through the basics of the Selenium
- IDE test tool.
- Its record and playback features
- How to debug the test scripts.
- How to create verification points and insert comments (Verify
- Using alternative Selenium locations strategies
- Building test suites and using test runner.
- Use of complementary tools such as Web developer and
- XPATH and different technique –
- Extending the IDE’s functionality and making use of user extensions.
- The constraints on the IDE and how to fully extend Selenium.
- Creating test suits in IDE
- Running TC is selenium RC server command line.
- Running selenium server on different ports
- Understanding different command options for RC server
- How to export the test script into Selenium RC
- The install and execution of Selenium RC using the Java client driver
- The next steps: extending Selenium.
- Installation and running of Selenium RC using the Java driver within the Eclipse IDE
- Making use of Selenium IDE java format exports
- Use of complementary tools such as Web developer and Firebug
- Why move to Selenium RC
- How Selenium RC works
- Exporting from the Selenium IDE into a Java JUNIT test framework
- Adding new function to Junit
- Witting loops and if condition eg while statements
- Selenium IDE and Selenium RC compatibility
- Selenium RC constraints and known issues
- Saving Junit Results
- Work around for Parameterization
- The next steps: the Selenium RC roadmap
- Running test on different browses
- Using RC as grid
- Setting up selenium Grid
- Grid as collection of RC Servers
- Framework(JUnit Details )
- Case Study