Why we collect data, and what data we collect
We collect the minimum data necessary.
- Contact details – your name, and your email address, so that we can keep in touch with you about events, make arrangement for events, collect your opinion about events, and other similar activities related to administering and operating SoftTest. This is stored In MailChimp. Details of MailChimp’s compliance with GDPR can be found at https://kb.mailchimp.com/accounts/management/about-the-general-data-protection-regulation
- Participation details – if you participate in an event, we keep a record of your Name and email address for the purposes of managing that event in Eventbrite. Details of Eventbrite’s compliance with GDPR can be found at https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-eu-data-protection
- Our Conference Partner Software Skillnet requires an attendance and evaluation form for our events.
“The purpose of these forms is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES. Software Skillnet will comply with all applicable data protection legislation in respect of the information and personal data provided by you in this form. You have the right of access to the data by means of a written request and you can request Software Skillnet to correct any inaccuracies in the data. Skillnet Ireland periodically conducts surveys to evaluate the quality and impact of the programmes delivered by its training networks. As a result, you may be contacted in future and asked to participate in such a survey.”
- Media: Photographic, video/audio media – From time to time photographic and video/audio media are taken during events to mark the occasion, and show what we do to partners, members and other interested parties. The media can appear on the SoftTest website and social media channels. Written consent will be obtained on the day for any photographic and video/audio media which will be published by us on our SoftTest Website or social media channels.
Who can access your personal data?
Any data we collect is only accessible to the current SoftTest Committee we do not supply this to any third party.
SoftTest employs the services of an Event Manager and Digital Media Administrator who both have necessary access to Eventbrite and Mail Chimp.
How long we keep your data for
In general, we will only retain your data for as long as you are a member of SoftTest (which you may opt out of at any time). Exceptions to this are:
- Participation information – which will be retained for the lifetime of SoftTest in Eventbrite.
- Photographs – which may be retained indefinitely
- Mailing (membership) list. Retained indefinitely or until you request removal
Security measures in place
The data that we hold is retained in MailChimp and Eventbrite databases. Photographs stored on our Hosting Partner Blacknight’s servers.
The GDPR grants you several rights in respect of your personal data and its processing. The applicable ones are:
- To be informed – this is the purpose of this information notice
- Access – you may obtain a copy of the personal data held about you
- Rectification – you may get errors in the data held about you corrected
- Erasure – subject to certain limitations, you have the right to have information about you erased
- Restriction – subject to certain limitations, you have the right to restrict processing of your personal data
You can obtain further information about your rights (and all your personal data protection rights in general) here: www.gdprandyou.ie
You can exercise any of these rights in relation to SoftTest by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to be removed from the SoftTest mailing list please unsubscribe by using the Unsubscribe link on any of the SoftTest emails this will mean your membership of SoftTest will end at that point.
If you have any queries about SoftTest, or about this information notice, or indeed about any of your rights and/or obligations under GDPR, please contact email@example.com